Thursday, September 21, 2017

Bad Bad Really Not Good: David Boren Retires as OU President

I feel I see the Bad and the Good in David Boren retires as OU President. And, I feel if Iowa State blows out and shuts out Oklahoma in their Wheelhouse, David Boren should retire after the Iowa State Game and NOT the Red River Shootout or after the 2017-2018 Academic Year.

The foible I really lit was wanting to end the Big XII for reals was comparing the Plains Universities to HBCUs as "Dysfunctionally Disadvantaged". Granted, TV Money has rolled over to Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri, but, I'd still want Colorado and Colorado State be a Conference Game, Baylor beat Nebraska like Arkansas and Missouri to treasure an OU Glory in Norman like a National Title.

And, the leading candidates in my mock up of Boren Successors are: 1. Barry Switzer. Because he's Oklahoma. 2. The Ice Cream Man. That would be all fun and games until the Meat Department Manager came in. 3. The Meat Department Manager. He'd outsmart the Ice Cream Man 10 to 1. 4. The Uneducated Crazy Uncle Cousin. Because he knows not to drop the ball at the 1 and call it a gambling problem. and 5. The Shadetree Mechanic. Because he drives Detroit and Pontiac.

Meanwhile, unless if we weasel Switzer into Tressel, I doubt the other 4 would be taken serious enough. But, are we 15-0-0 or 22-0-0?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...