Sunday, September 17, 2017

Should we really end Scholarship vs. Non-Scholarship College Football?

I feel not happily, since Occidental cancelled their Football Game against Pacific (OR), that should we really end Scholarship vs. Non-Scholarship College Football? I feel the progressive and unwanted rub is the Non Scholarship Student Athletes will 2 to 1 out the Scholarship Student Athletes in the NFL Draft next Spring?

I feel, too, programs could only put their money in facilities and drapes so many times that they should put money into the on field product. And, meterora is so wildly visible at this time where Baylor has fell off from Playoff to near true 0fer like gaming was every day.

I don't like having to be "like" at the lower levels, especially if it is like College, or worse, AAU. People like to work not just for now, but 2022. And, I feel people would have to put their ear to the street and money where their mouth is.

Granted, this rehashes my best College Sports Argument from the 2000s where I feel scholarships should fall to the Small Schools in Sports. Granted, in fairness, we'd need to raise money either in the community or through Steak and Spaghetti or merchandising means to raise more scholarships. I feel with TV Sports having to be mainlined more, and we can't just get "our" way like everyone else had to conform to our tempertantrums. The only problem with that, is it does not sit well with people. I feel Nebraska would have an easier time dismissing Mike Riley, but, that doesn't mean they will get away with standing in front of Ole Miss or Texas A and M just to get Scott Frost home again, because that would injure their traditional Texas and Florida Pipelines worser and they'd be even more blocked in recruiting then they are now. It would be very much like logging on for class just because you can't physically care to get to class. I don't mind if physical new liver illness or an actual injury that was not feigned, but, I feel people lose their handles and spouts if how they did it was dirty, filthy, tawdry, compulsive, repulsive, and illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...