Friday, September 29, 2017

Mount Mercy Unicorns: Let's Talk about Mount Mercy/CR College Infrastructure

With having McAuley Theater being iced structurally, and it having hosted basketball until at least the Early 1990s, I feel like having to talk about Mount Mercy/CR College Infrastructure without having to wait for a bond hearing and not having to be secondary to the Cedar Rapids/Marion High School Counterparts.

I feel, too, with not having as many "true" academics until 2025, I felt at least having to bring infrastructure as a proactive toolbox. I feel the biggest piece everyday is having an arena, without having to inconvenience the campus community. But, I feel Kirkwood would have their hands tied Post-Starkveich in either add sports or risk being acquired later on.

Granted, Mt. Mercy, Coe and Kirkwood cannot expand easily beyond their footprint. But, I sense where reality hits is having to need new land to house campus or consolidate later on, or rebase in other areas, because programs have had a habit of nearly being near the top at Mt. Mercy to being in nonexistance because there wasn't enough people to staff it safely.

I can't really speak for Coe or Kirkwood offhand, but, I feel infrastructure from Student Towers to Arenas to Theaters would need a strong advisory board without feeling abandoned if the Student Mustangs graduate or move to Chicago or back home to Western Iowa. I feel having discussions, as in more than one, would be as necessary as remaking downtown CR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...