Sunday, May 21, 2017

Cruz vs. Force, Top Fuel and Funny Car

I feel like getting in my bag to see a rare NHRA National Event Double at the US Nationals this Summer. I feel since this weekend, Larry Dixon had a hand on any Funny Car, much less an Alcohol Funny Car for the first time since the 1989 World Finals where Darrell Gwynn got to be on a quest for a title he never got. And, Ron Capps has not had a hand on a Top Fueler since the 1996 World Finals.

And, Cruz Pedregon has not had a hand on a Top Fueler since the 1991 World Finals, where Cory Mac found the infamous "Beach" Sandtrap of Pomona. And, with John Force's 2nd Real Lifelong Dream that has ben festering is racing a Top Fueler, besides his original wanting to race in the long defunct A/Fuel Series.

I always and forever see Cruz as a McDonald's Man like Cory Mac and Jim Yates, and I'd like to see Cruz build his own Top Fuel Cruzer for real like John Force pilot and wrench his own Top Fuel Unstoppable Force. I feel like why not carry this for real, like I carried this rivalry like other kids of the 1990s carried Baby Tommy Pickles.

Why not go for an All Mello Yello Double? We already have 2 NHRA Doubles to date in 2017 and none of them period have been in the Mello Yello NHRA Drag Racing Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...