Thursday, August 10, 2017

Dunbar is the Urban Equivient to AP's Sacred Acre

Watching the Baltimore Boys this Tuesday, Dunbar's Gym is the Urban Equivlient to Aplington-Parkersburg's Sacred Acre here in Iowa. It feels loaded because it is, and feeling every game in that gym be a State Championship in its own right.

Dunbar is the catalyst of Eastern Hoops. Even though the focus will be on the 1981-1983 Seasons before Baltimore really lost it for real, and, I appreciate the old images of the kids wearing Dunbar Shirts like it was the South Atlantic Iowa City High in the film.

I feel like with the Winter being forgotten about from Sea to Shining Sea with Basketball being the catalyst for Olympic Glories, I feel even if we where the same Kentucky Blue to keep us away from Louisville Red, we'd still have our own agendas.

I feel, too, Baltimore has always been for the People, and I wonder if we'd need a replacement Baltimore Arena or force Irsay to sell the Indianapolis Colts just so Baltimore gets their name back. I mean, we don't have a lot of good options of Pimlico and I feel needing a Works Progress Adminstration worth of works in Baltimore instead of playing nice over the current Commander in Chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...