Sunday, September 29, 2019

Blog #1320: Rededicating the Local Racing Scene

I feel a sense of guilt here at home for letting the signature Hawkeye Downs become a Zoo. Our grounds should be owed better than just hanging on.

We always get in a habit here in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City to offput and offput things until they are really needed. Which is good if it was another time other than this, but, it is jeopardizing that we are the Commissioner of the Hangouts.

I'd feel a sense of eagerness being an Infrastructure Guy. But, in reality, we'd need safety and safe schools and trusting my all time favorite process, the Expulsion Process better than anything.

I don't know if the Hawkeye Downs will see her 100th Birthday, and would I be buzzy wanting to go across town to see my heroes? I feel what rots is not letting our workmanship win big, and that would keep us or more of us out of both the poorhouse and the jailhouse.

Even if we made Urban Valley Ranch or a Levi's Stadium of a Raceway, we'd still be stuck in our own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...