Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Grease Couple's Reunion is News to a Lot of People

I think I am tickled pink, no pun intended, to have John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John dance all the way back into a "Grease" reunion. I think when they tried "Grease Live" on NBC and FOX, my personal hurdle, namely at Vanessa Hudgens of "High School Musical", which I'd feel it be a bit forced and would go on and on, over, is she was not Hilary as in Hinrichs, and it would be a steep curve  compare the competence to a School Play, vs. a Hollywood Movie, but, that was the best I could do without risking recrimination.

Other than the 40th of the Movie next year, I'd like to know if the rest of the cast members of the movie would be in for the reunion? And, a lot of the Grease School Play and Other Play Scripts are based off the Venice Beach Set, even though the Southern California High School wasn't as ubiquitous, or heaven forbid, a full on racial slur to us in the Midwest until a few years later.

Granted, the classics stay the classics, and people have a habit of being sensititive over their pasts. But, I wonder if the inital genesis of Grease was on the East Coast and it getting summarily dismissed when they had to film Grease to begin with? Even though the Greasy History is not new, or not any better than trying to film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and most film scholars wouldn't touch this subject because it being littered with quests to film and it being a family movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...