Sunday, March 5, 2017

Why Not Return to Traditional State Wrestling, Dual State Wrestling, Girls Basketball and Boys Basketball State Tournament Scheduling?

I feel the obvious 2nd look, since the 1979 Five Seasons Center was torn down as Cedar Rapids' Flood Recovery Downtown Centerpiece, I feel why not return to Traditional State Wrestling, Dual State Wrestling, Girls Basketball and Boys Basketball in a 4 Week Cycle?

What I sense is the dearth of Olympic Sport Attention if we are unaffliated to a High School or University. What I can't control, unfortunately, is new sports or whole new sections of sports coming down the pipeline.

And, Dual State in our City Again would be a Great Image, because, if we did have the Lisbon vs. Southeast Polk Dual Matchup, everyone from both sides would be needling each mannerism and I spoke my Afeni Shakur piece over who was better, even though I have the Lisbon Lion diploma.

In the Arena Years, I've noticed the non-involvement of the Barn. I feel our state's opinion in Sports begins and ends at the State Championship. And, to speak in fairness, it'd be fun if we had a School Square Dual State, Traditional State, Boys Basketball and Girls Basketball.

I feel like, too, even though we wouldn't do County Fair at the State Tournament, but, why not do an annual 6 Player Matchup at the Barn with it? This year's Boys State Tournament is not 1999, and I'd like to see at least a resolution between the Local Affliates to have the State Championships on TV again, and the radio station banners mezzanidined for the Arena Years Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...