Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Would any Fairgrounds Consolidations in Linn/Johnson County involve an NHRA National Event Dragstrip?

I feel like having to say this, because I would sense any Fairgrounds Consolidations (Linn County, All Iowa Fair, Johnson County) would have to involve key pieces of the Racing Program, namely that of an NHRA National Event Dragstrip.

We've never had a formal Dragstrip plotted in Linn or Johnsone County and I feel the focus would be Quarter Mile Drag Racing. I know 1000 Foot was a safety Workaround and we're burning the same parts and the same money like if we raced Quarter Mile.

All of it is a spacial issue. I don't necessarily mean 30 and 30 to pay the man for utility reasons, but, I doubt we'd have enough Pro Stock Cars and Stock Cars to pay the man with if we tried.

I feel like it has to come to that, for obvious reasons. I don't think Fairgrounds would just be a Racing Issue, but, I think all options are on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...