Saturday, June 8, 2019

The 5 500s and the USGP Series

I feel like wanting to start this post with both having 5 IndyCar 500s be the Major Series and having a USGP Series in Formula One. Both are worth exploring and I doubt our Commissioners (Mark Miles and Liberty Media) are going to be committed enough to get out of the way for both just for 2020, because it would be likelier if we had a Pacific Swing to close the Indy Car Season from Vancouver to Surfers Paradise.

I feel these would be the 5 500s: Indianapolis 500, Utility 500 at Chicagoland (I inserted Utility to make light of Chicagoland Speedway's Notorious Underuse and the lack of thoughtfulness for the Blue Collar Fan), Picnic 500 at Michigan (I doubt a marketing ploy would hail over a Michigan International Speedway Revival in the IndyCar Scene), No Limits 500 at Texas Motor Speedway (We'd have to avoid both lightning and UIL Football) and the Final 500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Even though I will be forever crestfallen over Dan Wheldon, but, I'd feel I'd have to owe it to the Clark County Public not to be schlocky and I doubt the Monster Energy Cup will stick after Thomas and Mack.)

To me, I know Formula One really wants to evade being overbooked, but, I would see the Long Beach Grand Prix (It still is painful not to say Toyota in front of the Long Beach Grand Prix and if it was all me, I would have said the In-N-Out Burger Long Beach Grand Prix), the Indianapolis 500 be double standings, because I'd love to see Specs vs. Works battle for 500 Miles on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval, Atlanta Motor Speedway, the Charlotte Roval which would look more like its prior Road Course without yucking over the Carolina 500, and Texas, or Circuit of the Americas (I would say Texas carte blanche because of the Texas Longhorns, but, we'd need to delete Circuit of the Americas badly for a Milwaukee Mile or a Texas Answer to Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway.)

I think the principle in this Supernintendo when I wanted Car Control, but, instead, I get New Cars with no regard to expense reports, or Commodore 64s where the only thing I'd get is the biggest break on Metal and Paint because we wouldn't be hustling for Gambling Money or actually acting like Big Bets where everyday or conservative, when both are long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...