Friday, June 21, 2019

Would Single Stating High School Sports Help Restore the Pride in High School Sports in Iowa?

I've been kicking around the ball, for a lack of a better word, about Single Stating High School Sports in my Home State. We are in a time where everything and everyone got expensive because of a few recriminants toking away bottomless resources, and I don't want to kick the Self Esteem Matter around, but, the pervasiveness of the Gang Culture is worrying in my territory, and Council Bluffs be the Traditional Big that had to circle Free and Reduced Price Lunch is even more problematic.

I would start with Football, where a Single State would fly a District Championship Series. If we had Des Moines East at Des Moines Roosevelt at Drake Stadium where the Biggest Chips would be down with a West Des Moines Valley vs. West Des Moines Dowling Drake Stadium lidlifter or a Thursday Night Playoff Game to crank up the energy.

I feel like a Single State Championship would pay for a UNI Dome II, as much as I'd want Minnesota to be a muse, but, I feel like Weather Losses and not letting the Farmers Slide would be an issue.  I'd really feel the cut line for each district would be 8 and I'd want to see preservation of District Lines so the Hottest Games go with the Longest Nights.

I don't think this is an Amendment X matter, but, I don't want to see Playoff Qualifying become the only thing to your School's Treasury or mishandle the Mississippi Valley Conference when we know there is no Conference without Dubuque Public and Parochial.

Bad Habits are too deep, and it be one thing if you tried to pocket Sponsor Paydays to make your money and someone else entirely is driving the bus and everyone knows the Bus Driver is not a Happy Camper. And, heaven forbid, we'd need to consolidate to make payroll and everything you know is a mess because of languishing books, apatheic people and a couple free willies taking the Toughest Region for High School Sports (Northeast Iowa) out of real, tangible, liberating, spirited and animated discussions around the NCAA Rulebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...