Friday, April 1, 2022

How This Champion Lost or Found Out About Losing Alan Kulwicki

I'd tell you the Story on how I'd found out about Losing Alan Kulwicki and it's gonna be a doozy. I was laughing my butt off to "So It Comes to This: A Simpsons Clip Show" when it was the Month and a Half Coma Homer Simpson was put through when his Overshaken Duff Beer exploded and that actual Month and a Half that ensued, really was a doozy.

The next Morning, I did not want to believe Alan Kulwicki had died. I did not want to believe for a Solid Day and a Half, until I found out Peter Jellen drove the Underbird's Hauler Solemnly Back to North Carolina. Then, it hit like a ton of bricks.

There was nothing fun about finding out about losing Alan Kulwicki, as the Story has been told and retold for years and would need telling it again. 

A Solid Day and a Half.

And I still didn't want to believe it.

And, believe it, and then some. 

I'd think that even now, 1993 has been one of the Worst Years of My Life, even though I have lived in the Worst Era of My Life. I'd think one of the things that would have been different is Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison would have been on the Brickyard 400 Honor Roll had they lived.

I still look down on April Fool's Day, for a myriad of reasons, even though it is Peak or Post-Peak Joker Culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...