Tuesday, December 27, 2016

This Champion's George Michael Stories

I am not  being obligatory just because George Michael died, but, some of my personal stories relevant to the man who made more tangible global change than some of his Pop or Rock Rivals of the 1980s.

Drag Race Fans still look at George Michael salty because Wham's last National Hit "Careless Whisper" came on the week the late Lee Shepard past away the week "Careless Whisper" was a National #1 in 1985. The loss was especially painful to the Drag Race Community because Lee Shepard still is the lone IHRA and NHRA Single Year World Champion in a year back to back to this day.

Even though there are a few covers of his, but the one that stands like a sore thumb was Limp Bizkit's "Faith", which I recall, a few of my classmates bugged out they remade George Michael's Version and that is a true story.

Without George Michael, we would have not had the TRL and Later Pop Music Scene, and Later, and even though not every celebrity story has to be misty eyed or dewy eyed, and I was going to try to bring my year I tried to bring up a New Year's Eve Date in 2004 only to get rejected before it happens, but, in the blogosphere, I don't know what would be the ethical taboo about relationships, or yet unrequited or hopeful unrequited love, but, I'll stick with my shoutout instead, thank you very much. Even though there are plenty of heartbreak stories tied to George Michael or Wham! Songs, but, they are at times too personal for some people to bring up.

Even though I never met George Michael like other Entertainers, Racers, or Athletes, but, I feel like I'd share of a few of my stories instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...