Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Meeting the Southwest 12, A Future College Sports Conference

I feel a sense of Emma like Rachel's Baby that we should find a way to put a lid to the Big XII Conference One Way Or Another. I'd call the North Division Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Tulsa, SMU and TCU. I'd call the South Division Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A and M, Baylor, Rice and Houston.

With Football being the crux of the Conference, I feel a special interest Oklahoma vs Texas HAS TO Stay Dallas Fort Worth and Week 1 of ALL Southwest 12 Conference Seasons. I don't want to drag too deep into minutae, but, I'd like to see a College Football Championship in Arlington as an annual title.

Frankly, I'd like to see The Star as Texas' Kemper, Madison Square and Minneapolis for College Basketball and Ice Hockey Tournaments. I want to keep it real and transparent, even seeing if Winter Indoor Track where a season long season like Basketball and Wrestling is in the Winter.

Ultimately, I want to see Sports as Fun. Even though that's the Midwest and Iowa in me, because FUN would be Grandma, Grandpa and Small Children Present, too.
With the Big XII's unsuccessful and expensive canvas from sea to shining sea, I am looking at ways to make College Sports Fun. Fun would also mean having to make plans and reservations to attend from Marion. Even though it would take making buyouts of Arkansas and Texas A and M's SEC Contracts, and having real peacemakers and not just self important people just making bucks.

I feel that either way, we can't just imagine the Big XII going down to the Big 8 without commercial and academic injuries and later losing the league altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...