Saturday, October 14, 2017

Stop Wasting "Star Trek:Discovery" on Any Screen

I feel like having to state, with the worst Entertainment Fall Since 1982, and the Worst Network TV Fall Since 1982, which coincidentally, was the start of Cheers where they picked up the gas on being a Top 5 Series and never looked back. I feel what is cruel is Star Trek:Discovery is being thrown into a streaming neverworld and I feel the networks are spinning on 25 Episode Contracts that can't be canned, ever.

And, in the fifth line, it would even outstrip any series TV Ratings currently. And, that is serious business. But, in Century City, I doubt anyone's happy calling Tampa-2 on the Same Old Same and Seth McFarlane full on mocked the Star Trek Revival.

I feel this way because we need a healthy respect for Science Fiction like we need a healthy respect for Natural Terrain Road Courses. Granted, when Star Trek treks into its 75th in 2031, we can't be mistreated to sneak plays because Music Conducting is a House in its Own Right.

If Mr. Gene Rodenberry was alive today, I feel he'd think the same way. I feel the following: Shatner's Character shouldn't go to anyone, or a Girl like Battlestar Galatica twisted Tricia Helfer. I feel directors are free to be themselves, but, the first move is who should be who.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...