Thursday, November 30, 2017

My CIty is Losing Big in an Identity Crisis

It bugs me that Christmas should be a Family Show. And, let's just go back to the Looney Tunes or The Family Guy stayed on my screen. But, did we follow Mrs. Selmon's Boys out the door of Oklahoma, we would not have been rosy.

But, my city is losing big in an identity crisis. If we had a Rockfest or a Rap Fest at US Cellular Center, Theater Cedar Rapids, and the Paramount Theater.  Or better yet, let's have the Basketball or Wrestling Stage at TCR, Hancher and the Paramount Theater. If I where Mr. Redeveloper, I'd have a Downtown International Airport and Fairgrounds and a Cedar Rapids Live!

But, I still feel we are slacking so hard it is not funny. In my view, let's see Hy-Vee outsell Schuncks and Kroger by pennies difference. Or if it was a North Star of a Deal with Target and a Razorback Whole Hog of a Deal at Wal-Mart as opposed to the food banks.

I feel bugged they are trying to leave us little guys and girls out of this. If Quagmire really did "The Bachelor", we'd split our Manhattans. If anyone had the nerve to leave Korea's best actress with babies, I am sure they'd be booking flights to Providence, and they'd be flippin' sour.

The reality is 1991 is not 30 Years Old. We can't just smack Common Sense like it was a Real Texas vs. Texas A and M Division Trophy Race. And, as much as it is irrestible, we can't just latch onto anyone good and we'd be salty they weren't there 2030 Next Year.

I'd rather claim Orlando, Atlanta and Paris like I want to be complete. Nobody, even this late in 2017, likes to be hustled when they should be kept in the ocean because timing is the only thing and the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...