Wednesday, November 22, 2017

This Champion's David Cassidy Tale

I hate to dwell on the bad of David Cassidy, but, sadly, when he tried to reinvent his career, I always felt he would have looked like he'd die tomorrow. Sadly, tomorrow was yesterday and there was just as many tomorrows as Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix lifetimes.

Nobody, and nobody including this Post-Request Line and Post-Rap City period stormed Pop Culture as aggressively as David Cassidy. As much as Maureen McCormick would like to state what she said digitally, but, Susan Dey still might have something to say about it like a certain star studded (And I Mean Star Studded) Saturday Night Live Episode in 1991-1992.

And, in feats, David Cassidy is the lone solo artist to grace the Madison Square Garden Stage without a standalone solo contract. And, I hate to keep digging up actual stats when the orbit is overextended, but, I feel the celebrity orbit needs more stars that stuck around for us.

And, I wish I had something better to poke or dwell on, and not just another celebrity death just to dwell on, but, when they where part of your family or family lore, it is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...