Sunday, April 29, 2018

Is Fernando Alonso actively seeking the Exit with McLaren?

I feel that for all that Fernando Alonso is doing, even staring down Honda from London, precluding his Full Season IndyCar Debut, and rejoining fellow World Champions Kimi Raikkonen and Jenson Button, he is actively seeking the exit with McLaren.

Would Fernando Alonso be worth 75 Points? Or would he look at Renault or IndyCar as another bargaining chip? At this rate, he could try the US Nationals.

But, I feel the handwringing and the handwriting on the wall is not limited to McLaren. Williams was the biggest racing program in my lifetime, and sadly, they are making a whole country look bad.

It'd be easy to say no split allegiances, like no second chances, but, I feel those people would race to win. And, I feel that if Alonso splits out of McLaren, I feel that seat would be open either to an active F1 Star or a superunknown who lucked into a historic seat.

And, the hands of the seas of time would feel split if we quota'd an Italian National into Ferrari where the Iceman is. And, that is not Terry LaBonte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...