Sunday, February 19, 2017

Southeast Polk vs. Lisbon: The Mock Dual

Even though I hold a Lisbon High Diploma, but, I think with Lisbon's 1st Traditional Since 1993 being the highest scoring Non-CIML Program in Traditional State and that is a low bar for a grand old sport, especially if you wanted to see Lisbon vs. CR Jefferson go toe to toe like Jefferson vs. Prairie.

If we had the Mock Dual, I think my alma mater and their school board would have more than a say, but, a stake instead. And, just having it at "The Lions Den" would have made it a 3 Point Advantage everywhere it went.

And, the nuances of the Rams would have made a Neighborhood Program at Grand View. Sadly, I doubt my Alma Mater Lions at this time would be neither focused or behaved to send their whole core a la the Neighborhood Program in Iowa. Other than speaking the truth, higher is not healthier and if this where Friday Football, clamoring over Lisbon vs. City High would make a marquee, but, the future Pro Football Hero from City or De La Salle would remember a rabid road audience.

I think if this was for real, and I think if there was an eagerness to make it real, there'd be an emotionometer that would wreck it for Lisbon and Southeast Polk would have outpointed everyone and then some.

There would be programs that Lisbon would have had problems with and Prairie, Alburnett, and Wapsie Valley would have given my community the worst problems. And, Southeast Polk would have given Lisbon fits anyway. I know Iowa is doing the Woody-Bo-JoePa-Lou Subsection better than Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State over their Jayru tantrums, but, I'd feel better if the Brandses tried to go Neighborhood and Academics, which is their losses in anger management and salt monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...