Friday, March 30, 2018

BYU and White Whales: Let's Have the End of Season Holy War Instead

It drives me crazy that for starters, BYU has to control the dialogue as far as ending Conference Realignment or at least starting new Conferences. 1st, if it is not them, Gonzaga looking for a Way to Restart College Football. 2nd, if it is not BYU, the Western Athletic Conference Folding, causing a wholesale littany of moves coast to coast.

And, I feel these are moves begging for action, or a 2003 Supersummit. And, I feel on my table, we'd have a Pac 8 like the 1970s or a Pac 10 again with Hawaii and Boise State instead of Arizona and Arizona State. And, to be fair, I am thinking New Mexico State has to be pulled into the fold.

And, it has to pull back into Business Decisions of Utah and BYU, where the next contracts take imminent priority. People want the End of Season Holy War be End of Season and I don't find it fair or fun why we don't have it.

Certainly, we'd have to account for Consolidations, Demises and New Schools, and to be frank about it, it would be easier to keep legacies if we had anything to start out with. And, I feel the White Whales of Rivalry Week can't be substituted like they are disposable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...