Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Why Not Have A Modified Season Where Richie Evans's 61 is On My Tracks Again?

I feel like Nostalgia seems to be more in vogue and noir at this time, especially when I wanted to hear more of Glidden vs. Reher Morrison Shepard en route to the Drag Racing Season and everyone is playing detective about John Force Racing's Billy Meyerization of Misfortune and Dave Densmore is still kicking and screaming about Pro Stock being allowed to live and Englishtown is E-Gone.

But, I feel in my lifetime, we have not started a Modified Season where Richie Evans's 61 is on my Pavement Tracks again. And, I am still not used to not having Ted Christopher alive like Peter Frampton and the Good Times dying with James and half of America withered with that like it was Carson or Toolman later on.

I was a newborn when Richie Evans died, 4 Months to be exact and before some of my classmates at school even being born. And, he had province of the tippy tippy top of Motorsport, Sport and Modified like Lee Shepard earlier in 1985. And, I'd know if Russia was not allowed in Tokyo and Lake Placid and I don't want to play lawman like its healthy and I'd feel like I'd really want NSYNC and the Supersonics BACK!

And, what is lost in the noir is the dearth of originality. Not everyone can do Stevie Fast, nor do they want to, but, he is coming like a Typhoon Alderman and not for the good times. And, if I wanted Midseason Form, I'd want Iowa City High. But, I'd want the 61 Eastern Modified be born to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...