Friday, November 1, 2019

Would a Top Fuel 32 be accepted?

I, as a Drag Racing Fan would have problems selling a Top Fuel 64 the same as a Funny Car 64. I would have to think something along the lines of Nitro vs. Top Alcohol Dragster for series bragging rights. Would we get the Spencer Massey vs. Antron Brown rematch?

I am loosely inspired by the Top Fuel #900 Race, and Steve Torrence would have as many wins as Joe Amato passed "Big Daddy" Don Garlits in the 1996 World Finals. I would like to see Tony Schumacher tie and pass Bob Glidden for Win #85 and then, set the bar up for Win #100.

I don't know if we'd get Winner #110 to tie 108,109 but 110 and 111 would be better than 112 or heaven forbid, 1-teen. I doubt a lot of us have the sensabilities of Jane Austen's "Emma", but, I feel our sensabilities are well known at something we don't like or don't like to history.

32 Top Fuelers would not be Sports Entertainment the same as Funny Cars nor I could find 32 Pro Stock Cars without having to go Car vs. Motorcycle. I would not want to see lags or beaches in anyone, which there is not always people in the stands for the Part Timers, but, I wouldn't want to chin a chance at victory or make 17th indifferent to not being in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...