Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Waverly-Shell Rock's WAMAC Decision Does Not Make Me Happy!

 From WAMAC Territory in Marion, and this is legitimate, that Waverly-Shell Rock's decision to waver from the Mississippi Valley Conference and try to land in the WAMAC is not making a lot of friends at the State Level.

I feel that it would be the State Board of Education would have to decide this and not in a Good Way. I would want instead, other areas of Conference Realignment. 

My favorite Conference Realignment at the State Level would be the Big Iowa Hawkeye, which would be a Rearrangement of the Iowa Big East and the Eastern Iowa Hawkeye Conferences. I don't think having to gain members is no solution.

What is the loss here is a lot of Northeast Iowa Conference Members would fall into lesser or worse Conferences than that of the NEIC and the NEIC collapsed in Real Time. Genuinely, I'd feel as a Hometown Mount Vernon-Lisbon Native, the Lions and the Mustangs have fell into Conferences that are not theirs.

I'd miss State Tournament Grade Non-Conference Games, and we would generally resist having Basketball Tournaments because Gym Space would be at a Premium, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...