Friday, January 13, 2017

Dry Ice: The Pros Decisions Make and Unmake the Amateurs

I feel maddened that in the Dry Ice of "I'm taking my talents to..." and "Landing Dwight Howard (nee D12, like trying to call Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" Outside Pro Wrestling, which doesn't work) and subsequently unaffording Al Horford, and subsequently remaking the Hawks into a lottery team, the Pros decisions make and unmake the amateurs.

I mean, there is no hiding from being the Western Hoover High or being the Western Barry Switzer. I know there is no hiding from unprovens having to be thrown in just to avoid also-rans, but, I am not promised Western Michigan would make 15 More Years without some kind of consolidation.

Other than 9 Times out of 10, having the Suburban School "win" the benefit of the doubt when the city school would be a 2 and 2 with 2 Years No Program and 2 Years No Non Conference. I'd felt that way about Bellevue's penalties last Summer just to reissue the 4 Year Postseason Ban differently, but, even in these hardupped times, State Associations do not want to "shut down" programs the same way Canton McKinley was given the Death Penalty in 1962, causing the lone year Massillon played McKinley twice Regular Season.

I really don't agree with every move or move up, besides a lot of them being bad. I'd like to try having someone 30 Years 1 Place in the pros. And, certainly, other than Willie Taggart getting people on the bus to Eugene that would have been in Tampa Bay, I don't think I'd buy the repute Oregon Football is in and would be in in the future.

The moral is 1 Voice usually carries everything. I don't want to make it all morality or immortality, which I promise you I won't, but, in the Pac 12, I don't think Peterson's Huskies have the same werewithal to handle the white-hot spotlight like Chris Peterson's Boise State Broncos, which went sideways in the Mountain West years, I think Washington State wished they had Florida instead of Minnesota, and I think the subsequent order beneath the Palouse is Oregon State, Utah and the Sack Lake City, Arizona, Arizona State, and Colorado. I doubt the California Pac 12 Schools have a good answer at consistent Football and if there athletic departments really in disarray, it'd be local news here in Cedar Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...