Sunday, January 8, 2017

Having a proper Iowa Pavement Track Program Grow

In spite of our relative youth of our pavement short track history in Iowa, what bothers me is we've never let a proper pavement track program grow. Other than growing up the dirt modifieds, we've never really been in a pavement modified program that would have rivaled emerging programs in the Deep South and the Western United States or occasionally invited the Northeastern Modifieds out to Iowa.

I think the fault lies generally with Newton's unprofessionalism and Hawkeye Downs still not being able to recover from the Late 1990s Lowlights. The only good answer in this case would be build new and not have to deal with the baggage of previous eras or the unrealiziation.

And, I think with a community that has fallen all the way off and I think too, the natural reception is to build new. I think with all the mayhem around Hawkeye Downs' Future or the land around it is disappointing and not a good image for our city.

And, the outreach of Short Track Racing in our big cities in our state needs to happen. And, I think a lot of it would have to be including a multipurpose venue including concerts, because I would feel sick and angry if we keep letting concerts go to half-condemned buildings with little notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...