Tuesday, January 3, 2017

We Can't Deny Ourselves We Had the Worst Rose Bowl Game and Prep Ever

I feel like a broken record, because I am, and I'd want to sock it to the man (Commissioner Darth Emmert), which is Mark Emmert, in allowing the Rose Bowl Game to wallow to nonexistance, but that is besides the point.

What is the point is we can't deny ourselves we had the Worst Rose Bowl Game and Prep Ever. EVER. Usually, I'd see the Stadium Detail do its thing for the camera like they where celebrities for 1 or 2 Weeks of the Year. But, I had to see the tarp over the field on College GameDay, which is a soulcrushing move, if there ever was one.

If we could fill Bristol Motor Speedway for a Non-Conference Football Game, we can sure fill the Rose Bowl of Stock Car Racing, or The Bristol Breadbowl, for a National or World Championship or an All Star Game. But, I didn't see the Rose Bowl as a true hard earned money sellout, like it was Texas-OU. I really unsecretly wished the Rose Parade would had turned into a Music Video just to see the Star out of the Mascot Costume like the TRL Years.

Keith Jackson's pipes weren't as long as I remembered, and it doesn't feel any better that we don't have him for 11 Seasons, and it feels even worse he is in poor health. And, the Rose Bowl is the last place on Earth to have a West Coast Score, because it is not fitting of that place.

With Southern California Football as a region being a mess, and I hope there is more than just me to keep the Chargers Records in San Diego County and to move both that and San Diego State Football to better facilities. The worst thing that could be gifted to LA Olympic Coliseum is even more football on top of even more football, and I wished the Rose Bowl Stadium was more open-minded to a Pro Side until the Inglewood Stadium rose. If Jameis helped ruin Pasadena with his shamelessness and we swore up and down we saw a Grand Old Game at the Southern Equal to the Rose Bowl, Legion Field, with programs that we swear up and down ain't good and feeling like Kroenke's Ram Revival out West doing less for Pasadena and the Rose Bowl as a stage, I doubt the playoffs will help Pasadena and we can keep it like the Eastern Madison Square Garden if we want to, but, the love and the magic aren't there at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...