Sunday, April 16, 2017

Having Long Beach Support Racing, and Pro Celebrity Challenges

I feel that with no Long Beach Toyota Pro Celebrity Challenge, which, unfortunately, was planned like not having Columbus Motor Speedway, makes me wonder aloud this Easter Weekend with no even XFinity Racing that NASCAR Truck, K and N, ARCA, XFinity or Cup is in Long Beach Future?

Granted, the tea leaves are anything but clear and I feel like all options within reason are on the table at this time. Even though the Long Beach Grand Prix Committee has the course and granted, they've made it this far without being a NASCAR or Stock Car Race on their circuit, but, I feel the Long Beach Grand Prix would have to walk into that one way or another.

With non-profits needing money on pantomime, and I feel that Kalkhoven is non-committal to IndyCar. I think too, why not see at least Pro Celebrity Challenges, if not a Pro Celebrity Season Again.

Granted, the dynamic of SCCA Pro Racing being a Pro Style Mess that would not get better, and the presumed harrumph of going to back to back Infield Road Courses for Runoffs makes even the hardiest members wonder if SCCA is beyond saving.

And, I really think not having a leader, or, ahem, a budget in 2018 for SCCA Pro Racing is really putting Road Racing in a precarious position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...