Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Steeles (Dave and Tim) Should Have Been Big and On TV

I didn't want to time it like it was lumped as anything not BBC or CBC, but, I feel with the loss of Dave Steele, it eats me all the way up both should have been big and on TV.

I get very emotional over falloffs. It feels like to me, it happens every day. But, it should never be that way like not having a good courtroom scene after Lionel Hutz.

Tim Steele was going to be en route to taking on Stock Car Racing the same way Mike Eddy,Bob Senneker and Johnny Benson,Jr. did. In the rare year they had the ARCA/ASA Sweep in Western Michigan, it was cerebal. I feel after Tim Steele's Test Crash, he was taking anything to just get in the race car until ARCA said enough.

But, with Dave Steele, it felt like the shadow was as long as I-75 carving through the Southland. In the Deep South, Jimmy Kite was the kind who'd race everything and win for a while. But, for all the Deep South and South Atlantic Outlaw and Sprint Car Heroes that came later, there was not a reason that either Steele should not have been on Television every weekend.

I don't talk about those who should have been on TV like a Kanye on the Rise, because it is emotional and personal to most racers. But, I feel like it is as haunting as the Mo Buckets: The Curse or the Brothers and the 2 Escobars which, the tales sadly, are related by happenstance, but, not always by kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...