Saturday, April 15, 2017

Kirk Merritt and the Ragin' Mess of the Texas Aggies Football Program

I feel as an editoral stance, I think post-Manziel, Texas A and M has became an "Everybody Loves Me" kind of program, and to make matters worse, recruiting players who can't go home to untraditional markets and having Jerry Rice Talent but NOT Jerry Rice Character. The feeling of unaccount is not fun, because most of the Aggies have their Families History choose being an Aggie and not just choose being an Aggie like it was UConn.

I feel too, Kirk Merritt is in the wrong and then some. He's not Clint Bowyer and I doubt anyone else is Brian Vickers and I feel Texas A and M is not an ATM but, instead, a Leadership University and Academy. I feel Kevin Sumlin is very much leading a "scared to lose" program and I feel Myles Garrett's Express Route to being a Former Student only deepens the black, sticky, gooey unaccountability hole that is hogging East Texas.

And, I feel Sumlin is getting Grand Rapids better than these staunch Aggie Towns along the highway. I think the thing at hand is their not expected to win National Signing Day, but, to bring another National Title to the Football Building.

Or, the occassional Bowling Ball Running Back who'd win the Drake Relays over the Gold Medal Hero elsewhere? Granted, every SEC School has a lead on Texas and Stanford Trophies, but, I feel where is the natural bread and butter long enough to count National Titles like Money?

I feel we get stuck in a ragin' mess of people who's only talents is to play anyone and work from anywhere like their in Italy when they should have been in the Bryan-College Station Area, primo Cold Beer Country and Country Music Country. And, the Aggie People would not like getting played with like toys, even if they never sent theirs to college, period.  We'd need to rebuild the military at some point, and have NFL Training Camps at Kyle Field, too, and we'd need to see Aggie Football relearn the lost ethic of Aggie Citizenry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...