Sunday, October 27, 2019

I'd rather see a Second Record Store Day, for CDs

It drives me off the wall that 3 Months from Next Week is the Iowa Caucuses and 1 Year from Next Week is the Presidental Election. And, the conjecture is I am not feeling politics and I'd like to see a second record store day, for CDs.

This would be part of my Americana Cycle, which I could still count as many Records of the Beatles, Elvis, Hank Williams Sr., would sell above Michael Jackson's "Thriller" among others, and the count slowing and starting left and right.

It would go from playing 98 Degrees B Sides to owning "Moon River" better than Frank Sinatra in a few years. I would feel that the Dark and Hot 2020 would burn worse than DMX's Yonkers.

It feels evangelical and personal to see more merchandise and more merchandise enjoyed for keeps. Retail is not evangelical, or any other religious experience, nor is having a near billion levy.

Deep down, I'd want to see as much Free Spirit as July 4th and I don't see Mother's Day the same, and I'd be livid I don't get Quad City at Tulsa in the Arena League after 237-242 Miles Per Hour at Indianapolis.

All that would not materialize, but, there'd be a sense of finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...