Wednesday, February 9, 2022

TESTING! Why is it that not having a Strong Slate of Original Sitcoms is TESTING! My Patience!

I feel that a Lot of Sitcom Cultures would need a Rude and Swift and Necessary Kick in the Rear, which has sadly been missing. I feel what is TESTING! my patience in a Big Way is not having a Strong Slate of Original Series.

Network TV is in its worst shape of its life. The bar is way, way, way too low for Netflix and Others to just Swim Around in the way it has been. With the 25th Anniversary of the Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show being today, it was a genesis point within Classic Simpsons.

My Favorite Scene "The Because I'm Homer Simpson" from Homer's Enemy grew out of that season and the full on "TESTING!" Paradigm Shift which was a Rude and Swift and Uncomfortable Sonic Wave, because Springfield was so radioactive it would have been its own Sound Barrier.

In the little over a Quarter Century of the Internet, that scene is the Most Talked About not just in Simpsons History, but Television History. But, I would feel miserable even now that the Loss of Phil Hartman watered down some serious bangers of Sitcom or Television Classics.

Lionel Hutz would have been more heroic like in his last appearance in "The Joy of Sect" in the "Computer that Wore Menace Shoes" and I still say that's my favorite Simpsons Episode now, but, I swear that the Rewrites left a lot on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...