Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Lionheart, JW and BC Forever

 The emotions in losing Dan Wheldon, Justin Wilson, and Bryan Clauson within a 5 Year Period cuts too deep. All 3 would have been more Indianapolis 500's later on. 

With Dan Wheldon, he was the lead catalyst that got me back on the Indy Car Scene. I don't know if it is the Saving Nashville in Racing, which is immeasurable, but the League didn't have to get me an Autograph Card. I feel that losing Lionheart still is Raw even now, namely when I'd snap over Swede Savage and losing Greg Moore at the Same Time in that History 12 Years Earlier made me emotional.

I was telling everyone it was the Biggest Non Indianapolis 500 Field in a Generation. I didn't see anything good out of a Helicopter Ride as the Screen went Dynasty Black like that one Season Finale in 1985. A lot of my feelings before I'd latched onto Wheldon was "Peace Out, I'd Want the Arena Football Game" and that was my attitude.

Justin Wilson hit differently, especially if that was my 1st Favorite Driver since the Late Greg Moore. To this Day, I'd really, really want a Full Season and a Sprint Car Hero as my Favorite Driver, which has been hard to latch on to a New Favorite. I couldn't pretend the circumstances out of any of those losses.

And, losing Bryan Clauson wound up twisting the emotions of the Knoxville Nationals that year and the fact Belleville lost their signature the same day as Englishtown in 2018 was not fake and unnerving. 

I don't like the Overcrowding in the Indy Car Scene and I'd rather have a Competent, Non-Operation Quickfind Indy Lights, even though I'd go to my Dying Day about the W Series not making Year 6 and Formula E having to be losing corporate support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...