Friday, June 19, 2020

I'd Swear Up and Down that Closed Facilities are an impediment to Restarting or Starting a Season

It's 2 Days from Father's Day and I am picking my brain why we'd have false hope fed from US Memorial Day Weekend about trying to keep an NHL Season and a Stanley Cup Championship alive. I am feeling that other than wanting to disagree with a lot of things, because of the Mob Scene Energy, I swear up and down that the Blue Jays and Phillies Facilities being closed due to COVID-19 would snag Major and Minor League Baseball and the Lightning Facility being closed due to COVID-19 would blow the lid off the Castle Strategy and set the table for next season.

Here's how Commissioner's Offices should operate: If they saw something that was wrong Public Health, they would react on the spot. If we had to ever see a similar crisis ever again, I would feel happier if it was a 30 Day Plan just to get back to Sports.

Obviously, we don't have that directive and I wished that would be addressed annually in the future. I would feel that would be crucial and even for an all you can eat buffet that we'd be gorging mindlessly on and hating clean up costs, too, I would find no humor or no joy in having an incomplete season.

If having International Travel be an option, or a job description, I would have felt better if we'd settle that hash once Mayor Hoiberg got sick and the NCAA lidded their season afterward. We have not and it is Day 100 Plus and I should be seeing Championships. This is a terrible problem and we'd need Blue Ribbon Committees if this ever comes up ever again.

I would hate an incomplete or non-started season, too, like any other Sports Fan, and I would feel like we couldn't hide in our castles. We are hitting reality and that is not a good problem. We are hitting reality in the reticence of all of this and the reticence to address the Elephant in the Room.

If we where on Off Season Time Equally, I would tell you on Drive Time, if not sooner, that Jack Eichel would be traded to a Contender. It would start a blizzard of trades and Kevin Durant would be in a corner for not even making a Working Penny for his Brooklyn Nets contract. Whenever it is people's Moms, or better yet, Girls having to say their Mom is watching more than once, people know it is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...