Saturday, June 13, 2020

Texas World Speedway was about Comebacks

I would feel the best chance at a Texas World Speedway Comeback was in the 1990's, when it was a Contentious Bidding Battle to save the track. I am curious what would have happened if it was built to a Splendor like Michigan?

Its pavement was always acid washed like acid washed jeans and I would feel consternation that Texas World has no more comebacks in it. I would feel like the differences between Texas World and Texas Motor would be Texas Motor Speedway has had community support from the start and I would feel like the racing culture in Central or East Texas would need a replacement venue after Circuit of the Americas goes belly up.

Texas World Speedway was about its comebacks and I wonder had the investors not ducked town, which they did, and they ran the project from Japan with myriads of local opposition, and defaulted on half-finished projects and they tried to finish the media tower until the construction loan defaulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...