Friday, February 28, 2020

Gander RV and Outdoors is Taking a Big Step Sideways With The Bounty

I feel like no thanks to the Busch Bounty, Gander RV and Outdoors is taking a Big Step Sideways as a Series Sponsor. And, they are the biggest single series sponsor that is not media, not acquired, or not joint.

What I would say is heading through the Season, we'd have another scenario where Grant Enfinger is the default points leader. Truck Series Racing, namely NASCAR Truck Series Racing, has never been worse and people said at one point it was the best series in Auto Racing. Matt Crafton still has a Championship in the stead of 2 Winless Streaks, Ross Chastain's A Main Star is Rising, Natalie Decker is only out there for Parts Reasons, amid other things.

We'd have the worst waste of talent and I doubt Gibbs would have handled Hailie Deegan, but, Toyota the Company is regretting giving the Contract to Riley Herbst. I never wanted Craftsman to leave, but, the circumstances with Sears was irreconcilable.

To be pithy, it is annoying that we'd have 3 Different Series Names in 18 Months from the Camping World Truck Series, to the Gander Outdoors Truck Series, to the Gander RV and Outdoors Truck Series. I feel that Gander Mountain should have left sooner and that is not just because they mismanaged OUR market!

If the Truck Series had to make its debut here in Eastern Iowa, I would want a Sponsor that I wouldn't be blue to my elders. The Fox Sports 1 Coverage needs to be out the door, and I feel like better Television would have a Grassroots Spirit of the Series again.

What is bothersome is we are still focused on the wrong things, even though they are noise, but noise does not help a series develop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...