Sunday, February 9, 2020

Why Not A Post-MEAC Phoenix League?

I feel the Mid Eastern Athletic Conference does not have a leg to stand on after A and T. I'd kick around Delaware State, Coppin State, Morgan State, Norfolk State, North Carolina Central, Howard and South Carolina State as the Core 7 Members and the 8th would be anyone in the Mid Atlantic.

This would be in response to North Carolina A and T leaving Home for the Big South, and that would have implications in the ACC, American Athletic Conference and the Big East. Even though it caused consternation in Boise State nearly bolting the Mountain West and nearly lidding Air Force and Navy's Conference Membership in the Process.

I would say as for Office Members it would be Delaware and East Carolina. I would keep Delaware and Delaware State as a Playoff Qualifier and I have said for years, we'd need a Playoff Consolidator BEFORE we'd need more Bowls. It gets to where we are so inundated with Bowls we have the Beer Vendors and Little Else.

It feels like I'd want to kick around the sequel to a true 12 Team Conference Championship Southwestern Athletic Conference. It would kick up the stakes in having a State Conference Championship in Mississippi and we would in hindsight get our very real and very rare LSU-Grambling or LSU-Southern College Football Matchup. With the main star of College Football in the HBCU ranks, having an All HBCU League and a Majority HBCU League would shake the pot and call the kettle black.

Nobody asked to be the same Big Box, but, I feel the Marshall Plan needs to happen, even if we had a Prairie View A and M - Florida A and M Championship Qualifier. I would think having a Division I Football Subdivision Merger needs to happen and I would say that to at least have more field and tougher competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...