Thursday, February 13, 2020

Why Not a Wire to Wire Indianapolis 500 Victory?

I feel like the jewel of Sports Achievement would be a Wire to Wire Indianapolis 500 Victory and Winning by More than 1 Lap, thereby the Old Joke of Clinching the Indianapolis 500 Early. If Scott Dixon led Flag to Flag, he'd be the All Time Indianapolis 500 Lap Leader with Half the Wins of some of the more accomplished scions.

I don't know if Ganassi would have the Car behind Dixon to do a Wire to Wire Indianapolis 500 Victory, and mind you, we have had 900 + Indianapolis 500 Starters through the years. It would run counter to how an Indianapolis 500 Should Run and we'd not keep going uncomfortably fast for our own good.

We'd have track records and race records, which both would be hard to get into. I would get a major kick out of a Wire to Wire Indianapolis 500 Victory, or my personal favorite, having to clinch "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" Early.

What we'd be likelier to see instead is having to see an Upset Minded Pole Day and that would change the aura and the energy of the Race. Other than realizing I would be vetoed by the All Weekend Pit Crew Competiton-Hulman Hundred-Freedom 100-Hoosier Hundred-Night Before the 500- Indianapolis 500 Rally, I'd try to take my focus on other areas.

With Tomas Scheckter, Marco Andretti, which was a Phoenom as much as Phoenom would have existed at Indianapolis, and JR Hildebrand, they'd all would have history more pleasant to them had they won. The problem is these records would be harder than I'd realize or want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...