Tuesday, February 11, 2020

There is not a GM/Coach Holding Down Baseball Culture

I feel like for as many Giants wanting to be Giants in a Hurry in College Baseball, there is not a Mike Martin Sr. or Augie Garrido holding things down and keeping recruiting under control. Thankfully, there is no "Get Rich Quick" Option in College Baseball or having to just snatch a top pick that would have happened later.

I would rage out posts on Culture and Character, because it would be the biggest time in their lives that it is not all about Baseball. I would feel like with everyone's school, they don't do a great enough job on real people, namely everyday people.

Sadly, Character Problems get found out and found out big. There is nothing worse than being a character/steroid problem, which being a Steroid Problem means you'll get found out in a big way. I'd like to see key Program Revivals (IE Iowa State, SMU, Northern Iowa) but, that is not all up to me.

I've dedicated posts and signed petitions to restart or start the program, and usually, no one really is in the mood when they don't want to be. I'd think there aren't anywhere near enough Multi-Sport Athletes to begin with and when we'd get into Academic Eligibility, that list gets shorter.

Certainly, people would not just be about Status or Status Updates. That would be terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...