Sunday, February 2, 2020

This Champion's Edgerrin "Roadblock" James Story...

I feel like for this years Pro Football Hall of Famers, keeping the Greatest Show Rams in my Memory, for Steve Atwater being ticked off at Texas stealing his win in College, for Jimmy Johnson coattailing Schnellenberger, Landry and Shula, Football Heavyweights, and amid C. David Baker acting like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Character, amid other things, my Story is pinned to Edgerrin "Roadblock" James.

The story is not related to Miami's 1st Tangible Rose Bowl Story, which Bob Toledo cratered Edgerrin James into a Roadblock out of a Great Rose Bowl, in Wisconsin vs. Arizona. No! That is where he got his Nickname and Fame, to the very chagrin of Tucsonians across the Country.

My Edge tail would be with me never forgiving Irsay and Polian for trading Edge, after their Best Chance at a Super Bowl. (They won the next year, without Edge, and what makes me Edgy is they needed Dungy to claim Indianapolis's Gold.) The argument was either Vanderjagt or James, which both where traded or dismissed in the summary of 30 Days in 2006.

I'd wished it would be Derek Jeter and Peyton Manning in their Halls of Fame within 2 Weekends. I am thinking Troy Polamalu would block the road for Antonio Brown and his Estranged Father, "Touchdown" Eddie Brown to get another Football Job.

I'd feel strongly Edge was wronged because the Bus stormed on the Field to save a 10 Man Penalty, according to the Sports Tales of that Period. I do not think all is forgiven, even with an All Time Super Bowl, even with using down Luck instead of calling him Mark Brunell, which he wouldn't have had the stats, but, it would save us the problem of Money Manziel or Infamous Jameis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...