Saturday, July 4, 2020

Would Justin Allgaier Change the All Star Race?

I am presuming if I was a medic, which I am not, that Jimmie Johnson's being on the shelf for COVID-19 would be until at least Texas. How would Justin Allgaier Change the All Star Race?

First of all, his earlier Cup Stint was with a team that was not interested in learning. I would not be shocked if he was a Wild Card instead of an All Star had it been Jimmie Johnson, but, that is not all up to me.

It is hazier and hazier to believe that JJ would never win at Kentucky (0-9) and that would not be the way I would want to see it. I would feel like if Justin Allgaier does well on this audition, it would be his Dale Jarrett in to Hendrick Motorsports.

I am not happy with having Jimmie Johnson's Ironman Streak end at 8 Races Above Texas Terry LaBonte's. What is historically foreboding is it is the last Winston Cup Era Ironman Streak that started in that era and we'd have Clint Bowyer, who'd be more interested in being Buddy Baker than actually fixing motors, and Martin Truex,Jr. ,  who would make for a more interesting AJ Foyt if he was an Owner/Driver, helm the Ironman and that is from the noise of the NEXTEL Years that put the sport in a crutch.

The helm of the Sprint Cup Years would be Logano and that is not a thrill I would want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...