Monday, July 6, 2020

Greg Moore and Many Other Losses would have changed Auto Racing for the Better

I am not just writing this because Greg Moore won his 1st Indy Car Race on My 12th Birthday. Or because of Black Flags Matter's Resplendent detail of this post. I would feel at the time, Tony Stewart hightailed it to NASCAR and Alex Zanardi hightailed it back to F1 and Open Wheel was in starving need of a Rick Mears.

The story of how I lost Greg Moore is emotional and upsetting, more so than normal. I was in the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for Behavioral Problems and I didn't find out I lost Greg Moore until 2 Days Later when I got home.

Losing Greg Moore caused Open Wheel Ratings to crash through the boards for a while in the Early 2000's and it took me Dan Wheldon even to be interested in Open Wheel again. It didn't help when Dan Wheldon died that I was a lobster because my one coworker at the time brought up Swede Savage and that made me upset and that was too close to the Tricks and the Frights of Halloween and losing Greg Moore.

I would think where Racing History would have been different for the better is where Helio would not have gone unaccountable, Adam Petty would have made a 4th Generation into 30 or 40, and Dale Earnhardt,Sr. would have delayed or cancelled some of these careless pushes.

What losing 99 did was permenantly impose the Split's Victory on the IRL and Indianapolis Motor Speedway rather than having a True Merger defacto. Even in my Newton Years, I think the biggest reaction was Hinchcliffe winning with Greg Moore's Real Gloves, but, Hinchtown or Wickens never was Greg Moore and we have had an Indy Car Scene littered with real characters and Where's Waldo, even after the split.

We don't have Indy Lights and I feel we have not put forethought into the celebrities we should have pushed because a lot of them are playing for the camera, which is dangerous.

99 FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...