Sunday, March 1, 2020

2023 NASCAR Single Sponsor Cup Series

I feel like having to see the future in the future. I'd think Pocono would go away after this year, and the Cup Series going West would go later in the year. We would have a Single Sponsor Cup Series in 2023 that is not going to make a name for themselves and trash the house. (I doubt we would need more bad Corona Jokes to needle Southern Californians and Nationally.)

I would say the replacements would be Gateway, Newton, Nashville and Road America. I would see how these 4 would fare:

Nashville would be a Hollywood Revival until NASCAR and the Tennessee State Fairgrounds would realize they'd need a new venue East of Nashville. Perception would mean the most without upsetting Memphis and rattling Memphis International's Cage.

Gateway would finally get a Cup Date. It would not necessarily mean as much as Springfield or Du Quion in Central and Southern Illinois as a Historical Revelry, but, Gateway has been the Only Superspeedway still in Commission not to get a Cup Series Date.

Newton would have to come down to a Fix or Flunk Date. When I would mean Fix or Flunk, which has been an oft-repeated and contentious topic through the years, I would see Knoxville move up the NASCAR Ladder and having later to drag a New Iowa State Fairgrounds into the table or the Governor's Box.

Road America would be a Welcome Home for the Cup Series. I would think that like a lot of their Rural Counterparts, needing a State Fairground would be necessary. I don't know about Darlington staying on until 75, but, Darlington staying on would be more believable than that of trying to remake the Milwaukee Mile as a Dirt Track again.

I would see other moves, namely not zero sum moves and I would feel like there would be key changes to certain dates, where the Alabama 200 is a Late Model Race and the Oxford 250 has been everything but a Cup Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...