Thursday, March 19, 2020

Why Not the Indianapolis 500 World Championship?

I feel like for not having Formula One, why not kick the ball around for the Indianapolis 500 World Championship? I would feel like making the field would be a scene of scenes and I would not have the usual Indianapolis 500-Monaco GP-24 Hours of LeMans World Championship Summary.

If we had the Indianapolis 500 World Championship, the World's Biggest Star would feel like a Must Win. I would much rather have Matt Crafton, who's still has not won in the Truck Series since 2017, has not won on Pavement since 2016, and STILL is burning a Truck Series Title Defense, than having to fever the grid on Fernando Alonso.

I would have thought long and hard on who should be in the race. Colton Herta would be genuinely snakebit, and that would have included having a better team a year too late and not wearing out the 1 instead of Mystery Man Newgarden.

To be fair, this would be a bigger championship day than the Opening Day, and it is all a wash and a waste. I would not want to see a Indy Car Scene where James Hinchcliffe is always against Real People, Marco Andretti and Ed Carpenter still have After All These Years Hexes, and that is the one we are stuck with at home.

If I was General Manager, I would have stated the Cy Springs (Erica Enders) make her Indianapolis 500 Debut and not had empty paper. And, where is Stefan Wilson (The 2018 Almost Hero) in all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...