Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Is the Western Athletic Conference Closer to its Last Iteration?

I feel like the Western Athletic Conference is closer to its last iteration. With a rag-tag membership, even for a Small to Mid Major, I feel it should be the WAC that should start Conference Realignment in the West and Beyond.

It all started with Chicago State not hitting the road, and this is not a trivial time. Then UMKC stated they wouldn't make it to Seattle. I feel in 2020, it would be a shock to see the WAC make it to 60, but, I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath.

Chicago State is the most impoverished of the current Western Athletic Conference Membership and the most impoverished 4 Year University. I am not just saying that because of Chicago State being in the Inner City, but, a lot of these smaller Chicago Colleges fight for the same students.

I don't know what to say, other than keeping Chicago State alive, and them being the lone East of the Mississippi Western Athletic Conference Membership. Even as a Sports Fan, this is too complex and that is the collision of Human Interest and Real Life.

I don't see Chicago State getting handed a lifeline indefinitely. It would cut deeper crosstown, in the Big East's Future, which both have not have Football Since 2012. If anything, I would not mind having a true Crosstown Rivalries or another Mid-Continent Conference Again here in Marion.

There would be a lot of unresolved parts and pieces and I don't think they are taking a serious issue seriously enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...