Sunday, March 29, 2020

Blog #1821: Why not actually focus on a Rival Basketball League to the NBA?

I feel like this has been coming in crumbs and crumbs, but, this is coming in Cookies, Cake and Bread that I would want to see a Rival Basketball League to the NBA. I don't know if the Revival Basketball League would be taken as a name, but, it would make a great name.

I would start with the Seattle SuperSonics, Spirits of St. Louis, Kentucky Colonels, Virginia Squires as my original Founding Four and with Buffalo, Cincinnati, Kansas City and Laramie being my 8th Market because they would be unstoppable at home.

How would such a league work? I would feel like having to clear rights, for legal reasons would be the biggest hurdle, and that would deter a 3 Team Split like in Soccer with the New York Cosmos Revival, New York Red Bulls (Was Both the New York/New Jersey MetroStars and just the MetroStars), and New York City FC and their unenviable Yankee Stadium layout , which I couldn't even put into words how I'd hate Manchester City.

I feel this would mean if it meant Promotion to the NBA ONLY after a Championship and the Worst Team in the NBA earned demotion fair and square, there would be plenty of bad drafting NBA Organizations. The rise would have to be as rewarding as the fall would be punishing.

If such a system did exist, I doubt there would be changes in the draft system. This year's NBA Draft Prospects would be stronger individual players or all out busts. I don't know about my 8th, if they would be too small for the Gatorade League and there'd have to be Montreal for the Toronto-Montreal Rivalry to really take root.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...