Thursday, March 26, 2020

Big Downvote for the Indianapolis 500 being the traditional Brickyard 400 Weekend

I am not a spoilsport when it comes to most postponements, or cancellations, other than not having the bell of the Drake Relays, the Regular Season Rose Bowl, or the College World Series, Final Fours and Frozen Fours. But, being an active Indianapolis 500 Descendant like I'd keep the Chicago Cubs in 1st Place if it was someone else, I would feel like it is a big downvote.

Even though I would go about trying to get Tony Schumacher to make his Indianapolis Motor Speedway Debut, which his NHRA Debut already was its own scene, and try to see if TJ Zizzo would ring out a bigger upset than his near-Gatornationals Upset Last Spring, it would not feel the same like having to sync my watch to Taps.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and that is not just because I am autistic. If we had a Sarge or Zizzo Upset as the Mother of them All, bigger than Arie Luyendyk,Sr.'s "Poetry In Motion", it would refire Chicago and Chicagoland's Roadmap back to IndyCar in a big way.

This is not about a Roadmap. No Sir. And, I know we are stuck with a hard case like there is not a good way we would jam 10 Million People comfortably or safely without 2nd Thoughts on the 1st Days of Summer, and this wound up being expedited largely because of Penske and not another Hulman-George.

It would surely delay the Renewal 500 for sure, and the Renewal 500 having been the best Post-Tony George Tradition, if not the most visible tradition after his tyrannical run ended. Where this Champion, the economist would not let go of, is having Postponed Races and not letting go of not having a July 4th Pepsi 400 in 1998 and burning through the 2000's a July 4th Pepsi 400, into 2009 and the NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys where broken up long before that.

I am not an ocean. Or an island. And, when we'd have a chance to get well, we would have to fill out the libraries to learn and malls to shop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...