Saturday, January 8, 2022

3000th Blog: Cedar Rapids Indoor Ice Hockey Started 22 Years Ago Tonight

 For my 3000th Blog, Cedar Rapids Indoor Ice Hockey Started 22 Years Ago Tonight. I feel that I would wish we would be closer to Minnesota than Chicago as far as Ethics, but, that is another story.

I feel that here in Cedar Rapids and Marion, there is not a Sense of Fresh Paint in Local Hockey Lore. There is no Summer Vacation Ice Rinks in Marion or the East Side of Cedar Rapids. I'd love to become Johnny Appleseed and Build Indoor, Summer Vacation Ice Rinks, but that is just me.

But it can't all be me and no no one else. That would be dangerous and it would take 10 to 15 Years of Commitment before we'd have an accepted part of our culture. That is having to think long and hard and we'd have Hockey Alumni, but, not a lot of Hockey Culture.

If we kept going, we'd have to Reinvent Ourselves, including having Downtown Cedar Rapids Ice Hockey Ice for the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...