Friday, January 17, 2020

Bringing Up the Division 100 for 2020...

I'd want to build the road map for the 2020 College Football Season, and lest I'd regret for truth that I will bring up the Division 100 (Top 100) Division I College Football Programs closer to the August 1st Poll Date.

It wouldn't necessarily be favoring the IA Teams and burying the IAA Teams like it was a Sports Car Race. This is not that. It is instead, wanting to at least inventory the National Rank, all 24 Conferences (Independents Included) and 97-100 as a 100 to 1 Ranking.

What I would hit out would be score boards like it was a Power Ranking on who'd win Preseason Favor and Fervor through the year. I know for anyone that has read my poll that I'd go 25-1 like the AP Top 25. I'd like to see the Poll be like another Mumme Poll, but, what has been mummified worse through the years has been the scattering of people like it was New York City.

Credibility and Believability would be the reason I would rank programs in the first place. I would shy away from overly splashy hires, controversial dismissals/expulsions/transfers, and any major NCAA Investigations/Violations. I would say if Past National Champions on Staff would be a Plus (Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State), trying to ape Peyton Manning's Miracle Comebacks would be a Minus (Tennessee) and limit Indiana's Roll Nationally in the process.

Or, wanting to believe in a market (Jackson State), wanting to nose over a program (Rutgers, Missouri) that is taking too much space.

I would start with incremental, the 2-4-8 in the Conference Tournament, and After that, any National Championship of College Football Qualification (32) would be 16 Points. In Bonus Points, Winning Conference would be 30 Bonus Points to Begin With.

Winning the 1st Round Would be 32 Points, which would add up to 62 Points, and Winning the 2nd Round in Preliminary would be 64 Points, which would be 126 Points, and the Quarterfinals would be 128 Points, which would be 254 Points. The theme here is doubling the Returns for Wins and Losses would stay the same point total as the previous round.

Then, the semifinals prediction total would be 256 Points, and that would add up to 510 Points and the predicted National Championship would be 512 Points, which just for Postseason Play would be 1022 Points, which is not so minor, and if we had a rare (in my system) year where the Presidents Trophy would sweep the treble, it would have been 1122 Prediction Points.

What I'd say, even though I'd set up a proper National Championship next Wednesday, would be the formality of the Power Rankings being extended, not limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...