Saturday, January 11, 2020

Having To Find Ways to Generate Positive Paid Attendance

I feel like a lot and I mean a lot of College Sports is "I'm Upset Because Your Upset" and it rolls backwards into High School and Middle School Sports. I would feel like having the local option or "The Tech Does Not Leave the City of Iowa City or The State U. without prior approval".

Athletic Departments are usually image-conscious places. Greeks are generally the opposite. And, we have too many kids not making 2nd Semester. If 2008 didn't happen how it happened, we'd have a more believable 2nd Generation and we wouldn't have been playing Midnight Basketball with Real Jobs.

We could force down the truly unbelievable, but, we'd still have to be on guard for them Wolves Coming Out. We aren't all big enough to be mansions, and the base would be based off the Heart of the MAC and the chaos and the mayhem they've had to deal with.

1st Thing, and this is the biggest, is I would want to see Big Opponents try to Home and Home. I doubt Iowa would be dazzled if the rare Ferentz vs. Leach Meeting would agitate and aggravate the apple cart. If Iowa had to make the trek down the Bad Roads to Miami (OH), for Labor Day Weekend, it would be more about the RedHawks instead of the Hawkeyes. (I don't want to AAUize a math problem, but, RedHawk Supporters would take an Ohio State and Ohio Stadium Upset Happily.)

No one sells the Motorcycle without the Helmet. No One. I would see for Homecoming Week, especially with Iowa State, wanting to see Duke come to School to crank up a Potential Oklahoma Upset and I would crank up the Cold Mountain Angle if Tennessee and their Hero Ball tried to arrive at Kinnick for the 1st Time.

This is not about game playing. I'd dare against the Fangs of the Problem Cultures and not everyone is Sports, not everyone is even wild about Sports Bars, but, I would have loved to see Turnover Chain and the U arrive in my Home Turf. (Roses are Red, Violets are Blue and My Peers would Beg Me to Differ.)

Or better yet, spare the Sweetest Savannah State from Consolidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...