Friday, January 31, 2020

We Do Not Have Petty Enterprises 200 +1 Winners This Morning

With losing John Andretti Yesterday Afternoon and Bobby Hamilton Seasons Ago, we do not have Petty Enterprises 200 +1 Winners this Morning. This is not a touchstone I am happy to report, let alone tell people.

I don't want this to be a story time, but, here goes. My John Andretti Autograph was after his Martinsville Win. 8 Days after that win, I got his autograph and the prop Richard Petty had was his rebuilt Log Cabin he rebuilt with his bare hands.

That was not even my best John Andretti Story, in a Simpsonian Twist of Fate. It was his year in 1993 he ran Indy Cars, Sports Cars, Drag Racing, Stock Cars, and Sprint Cars in 6 Different Series. He called it his "AJ Foyt Year".

I would get an epic kick out of Steve Torrence vs. Kyle Larson, but, this is not the post. The scene that put fuel to that was the 1993 Southern Nationals, which was the 1st Live Pro Stock Bike Racing on Live TV in the NHRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Barstool Responsible For the Decline in Sports Radio?

 I'd feel that Barstool Sports and its trashy ilk are Responsible for a Decline in Sports Radio. It takes the Shock Jock Mentality of th...